Friday, March 12, 2010

Reflection, March 12, 2010

Apart from the usual translation of the Aeneid, there were two other events in class this week that stood out to me as particularly important.

The first was that I went in to talk to Dr. Stewart about the IA, and he let me know that he thinks I am on the right track as far as that goes, and that I might be able to get a lot of it done before the school year ends. I feel like I can but the first thing I need to do is to get a copy from him of my question, introduction, and bibliography so that I can switch my old question with my new question, as I have changed the theme of my IA slightly but not significantly enough that the sources I have thus far aren't valid. I will be doing this within the next week as I continue to look for more sources, but I feel like I am on the right track.

The second thing this week that struck me as important was a Paper 2 about the part of the Aeneid where Aeneas finds the golden bough. I will admit that I did not know we even had the paper 2 until the second I walked into class, therefore I had not studied and was quite unprepared. I was able to answer most of the questions with a significant amount of detail but at the same time, it would have done me some good to study as well. I am lucky that I understand Latin well enough that I can read between the lines and draw my own conclusions but I should have been paying better attention in class in the days before this so that I would have known what was coming up so I could study. We have not yet received our grades back for this assignment.

Overall, it was a productive week. Next week I will work on the IA as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment