Sunday, February 7, 2010

Latin, reflection for week of February 1, 2010

This week in class we mainly discussed Homer's Odyssey and the Underworld. I don't really understand why we are reading it if it isn't Roman literature, but someone pointed out that much of the Aeneid has been influenced by Homer's writing, so that does make some sense. I found some parts of Homer's description of the Underworld interesting, particularly descriptions of the place itself, such as that there are screams around every corner that pierce the ears, and that there is a trench filled with blood, and that ghosts and spirits of many different kinds of people, ranging from noble warriors to young women and such are all there, it seems like it was an interesting place.

I also have been thinking a lot about the IA, and decided for sure that I would like to get the majority of the work done before this school year ends, to save myself the trouble later. I do not want to spend my summer on the IA but at the same time I would like to do my best work and write an IA that will score well with the IB. I have a lot of work to do but it is manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment