Friday, January 29, 2010

Reflection of this week, January 29, 2010

This week was mainly a discussion of midterm exams in the beginning of the week, during which we received our tests with our grades, and I was happy to see that I got a 96 on the midterm in general and would have gotten a 7 on the IB exam, which pleased me. Latin is definitely one of my better subjects.

On Wednesday I got my introduction and question typed and printed out for my IA. Once again the thing I find most difficult is not getting the information that I need, because I know exactly what source I'll be using and what my question is; but I tend to be too wordy and not 'blunt and to the point' enough, which means I run the risk of going way over the word limit. With help from Dr. Stewart I was able to cut my introduction down from 130 or so words, to about 75 words, and it sounds much better.

We also translated the Aeneid some more, and I find the story interesting thus far. I am interested in seeing exactly that Juno is going to do to Aeneas... I guess I'll have to wait and see, or go ahead and translate on my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment