Monday, November 9, 2009

Reaction to Pyramus and Thisbe, November 9, 2009

My first reaction to lines 96-104 (the part where Thisbe hides from the lioness and Pyramus comes along next) is that I am worried that Pyramus and Thisbe are not going to get to meet up. Thisbe is hiding from the lioness and Pyramus is looking for her and finds her vale, and sees traces of the lioness' presence there before. I think this is going to be somewhat like in Romeo and Juliet when Romeo thinks Juliet is dead, even though she isn't at the time. I hope Pyramus doesn't kill himself in the same manner, but I am just concerned for both his fate and for Thisbe's. I think Thisbe was very lucky to have been able to escape the lioness, but I think of all places to hide - a cave? Isn't that where lions live? I can predict a tragic ending, mainly because the story has a Romeo and Juliet feeling to it and that was definitely a tragedy. I'm excited to see how the story will unfold from here, I just hope there won't be any deaths until the very end if any at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment