Monday, December 7, 2009

Reflection, week of November 31, 2009

This week we did a lot of interesting things in class, including IA preparation, in which I went to the library to gather facts and actually quote different sources that I've been using, so that I have some background information to start my IA. I revised my IA question to, What is the relationship between Julius Caesar and Cicero and what were their attitudes toward one another? I will find information regarding this and the context behind it, and I've already started to find information. The difficulty is in correctly quoting my sources, as the Latin texts are, from my perspective at least, oddly numbered.

Also we did a Paper 2, on which I am confident I did well. I thought it was relatively easy but it was good because it gave me a taste of what the IB Paper 2 will be like. It involved translating and then answering questions based on the Latin text, which I was able to quote specific phrases and words that helped me answer the questions.

Overall I am confident in my performance in class this week and I felt like as a whole the class got a lot done, in translating Pyramus and Thisbe as well. We are almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment